Chess is one of the world's most popular games, and one that people universally realize requires an immense amount of skill and knowledge to be great at. This course, written by internationally renown Grandmaster Simon Williams, teaches you intricate mechanics of chess to ensure that your play is watertight. But, not so tight that you can't play a little fast and loose at times. If you've ever wanted to improve your chess game, this is the course for you.
- Access 138 modules of videos, screencasts & text to improve your chess game
- Understand the foundational principles of playing good chess
- Master the three phases of the game: the opening, middlegame & endgame
- Learn methods behind creating threats, executing tactics, attack your opponent's king & achieving checkmate
- Develop rock-solid defensive & positional capabilities
- Study advanced techniques such as gambits, sacrifices, visualization & thinking like a Grandmaster
Simon Williams became a Chess Grandmaster at the age of just 27. He has since won the British Speed Chess Championship and finished runner-up in the British Chess Championship, and has consistently been ranked as one of the best players in Britain. More recently, Simon's focus has been on teaching chess, both in person and as a presenter and author. He has released almost twenty critically-acclaimed DVDs and nine books - the first of which was voted as one of the ten best chess books of all time by NewInChess. Simon's pupils come from all walks of life, and have finished as high as 3rd in the World Junior Championships. For more details on this course and instructor, click here